Ingredients (for 1 slice):
1 3/16 large Egg (60 grams)
1 3/16 serving Natural Bacon (9 grams)
13/16 oz Gruyere cheese (22.7 grams)
2 7/16 tbsp Whole milk (36.6 grams)
1/8 cup chopped Onions (8.7 grams)
3/8 tbsp chopped Chives (1.2 grams)
5/8 cloves, minced Garlic (1.8 grams)
1/20 tsp Nutmeg (0.055 grams)
1/20 tsp Cayenne pepper (0.045 grams)
Directions (for 5 slices):
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grate cheese, dice onions, chives, and garlic. Set aside.
2. Grab a large cast Iron pan (oven safe) if you have it. If not, a large saucepan will do too. You just will have to pour your quiche mixture into a 8" round cake pan. Cook bacon on medium high heat in pan, I generally cook about 3-4 pieces at a time so that I can cook them evenly. You want these cripsy! Set cooked bacon aside and crumble, allow to cool.
3. Leave bacon grease in pan. Toss in diced onion and garlic and saute on medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions become translucent. About 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat when finished.
4. While garlic and onions are cooking, whisk together eggs and milk in seperate bowl. Once combined, add in cheese, salt, nutmeg, cayenne, crumbled bacon to mixture. Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet if using. If not, pour mixture into a glass 8" cake round and place in oven for 20-30 minutes. Its done when egg mixture is set, meaning it isn't "jiggly" if you move pan. You can also insert a toothpick to determine doneness if toothpick comes out clean.
Bake time for cake pan is about 30-35 minutes. Cast iron is about 20-25.
5. Top with chopped chives. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Slice into 5 equal slices. 1 slice is a single serving.
Macros per serving: 265 Calories • 3.7g Carbs (0.3g Fiber) • 18.8g Fat • 19.9g Protein
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES LIKE THIS?
Get 100+ of our best keto recipes, 6-Weeks of Daily Proven Meal Plans, and next-level coaching in our 6-Week TeamKeto Challenge.