Get ready for a Tex-Mex recipe that your stomach will thank you for!
Ingredients (1 serving):
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Green bell pepper (119 grams)
4 oz. Grass Fed Ground Beef (112 grams)
1/4 link Habanero (21.3 grams)
1/4 onion Yellow Onion (37 grams)
1/4 fruit Avocados (50.3 grams)
1/2 tbsp Butter (7.1 grams)
1 1/4 tbsp Dry taco seasoning mix (3.3 grams)
1/2 tbsp Tomato paste (8 grams)
2 1/2 oz Mozzarella cheese (70.9 grams)
1/4 tbsp Fresh cilantro (0.25 grams)
1 tbsp Pico de gallo (16 grams)
(based on the original recipe of 4 servings)
1. Slice peppers in half, set aside.
2. Place butter in large skillet and toss In diced onion and habanero pepper saute over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add in beef to skillet. Crumble and brown beef until its cooked through. Drain fat in a jar to use for cooking later.
3. Add in taco seasoning and tomato paste.
4. Preheat oven to 375, place peppers in a casserole dish with 1/2 inch water in bottom. Place beef in center of peppers and cover with cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. Top with fresh cilantro, up to 2 tbsp of pico de gallo and 1/4 avocado.
Macros per serving: 677 Calories • 19.7g Carbs (7.2g Fiber) • 49g Fat • 42.4g Protein
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES LIKE THIS?
Get 100+ of our best keto recipes, 6-Weeks of Daily Proven Meal Plans, and next-level coaching in our 6-Week TeamKeto Challenge.