What are keto meal replacements - What they aren't - How to use - Recommended shake
The ketogenic plunge cannot be characterized the same way as P90X, Beach Body, or other weight loss programs. Keto isn’t a workout routine, it’s a diet strategy. One that’s completely optimized for taking a body good at storing fat, and making it good at burning fat .
This is methodically important considering that if you’re not good at burning fat, then you’re going to have a harder time losing weight than you should .
But when you get into ketosis, manage your calorie deficit, and add a little exercise to your life… Losing weight becomes a completely different game. One you’ll enjoy playing.
The problem though is that this diet-centric approach asks a lot out of its participants… When, after all – we gained unwanted weight in the first place because managing a healthy diet is complicated and undervalued in today’s society .
Can’t we just catch a break? Well…
Ketogenic meal replacement shakes can help curb the strain of a restricted diet.
Ketogenic shakes aren’t going to completely carry you as your sole source of nutrition. However, by Team Keto’s design, meal replacement shakes can offer a solution to unexpected meal-prep gaps, and the grand occurrence of ‘life happens’.
To make it as simple as possible: when meal planning doesn’t work out, a keto meal replacement shake can save the day.
But not just any meal replacement powder will do the trick.
What are keto meal replacement powders / shakes?
Keto meal replacement powders and shakes are exactly what the name entails: pre-made nutrition powders designed to outright replace a meal. Specifically, a meal that abides by the ketogenic diet.
What separates keto meal replacement powders from standard meal replacement powders is the overall macronutrient ratio.
Keto meal replacements must have:
- Lots of fat. At least 75% of total calories should come from fat while on the ketogenic diet. This is especially important when ingesting fast-absorbing liquid nutrition.
- Moderate protein. Unlike traditional weight loss shakes and bodybuilding powders, ketogenic meal replacements find more harmony with moderate protein levels. This is because eating too much protein triggers the liver to turn extra protein into carbohydrates .
- Near-zero carbohydrates. The enemy of ketosis and fat burning in general is an abundance of carbohydrates. Your meal replacement shake must be under 5 grams to abide by the ketogenic diet.
|Bottom line: Keto meal replacement shakes follow a basic 75:20:5 macronutrient ratio for fats, protein, and carbohydrates respectively. This best meets the requirements of our diet.|
What ketogenic meal replacement shakes are not?
Ketogenic meal replacement shakes are a tool at our disposal for creating a better body and enjoying a healthier lifestyle. They are not, by any means, the sole tool to do this despite how many other brands would love for you to be taking (more specifically buying) meal replacements 2-3 times a day.
Keto meal replacements powders should not:
- Be the basis of your diet. Several keto brands sell their meal replacement powders as a keto equivalent to Soylent . From our perspective this is a disastrous mistake for dieters. With our one-on-one coaching and 15-day fast track program experience, we have learned that success is implicitly tied to a full-spectrum diet shift. Once other brands stop functioning as startups and begin working with their clients… They will understand this too.
- Replace learning keto recipes. Even after you shed the weight, ketosis is going to be apart of your life as you maintain that awesome physique. Don’t let meal replacements stop you from learning how to make delicious ketogenic recipes tailored to you.
- Wreck your budget. Despite being increasingly useful, meal replacement shakes aren’t by definition cheap. Abide by rules #1 and #2 so that you can get the most out of your body, shake supply, and budget alike.
|Bottom line: ketogenic meal replacement shakes should be a part of your diet to keep you from making mistakes. One tool in your ketogenic diet toolbox, nothing more. They should not become your proverbial master.|
Exactly how to use meal replacement shakes
So far, we’ve learned what defines a quality keto meal replacement shake as well as how to avoid getting carried away and sucked into the liquid diet hole. So, how exactly do the best of the best use their meal replacement shakes?
When to use keto meal replacements:
- When there is zero time to cook a keto-friendly meal, and you need something NOW.
- When you are traveling, and can’t bring your meal-preps with you.
- When you need an infusion of fatty calories after an exceptional workout session.
- On your you-day when you take it easy and cook less.
- To complete your daily macro needs when a few meals during the day were light.
These 5 conditions are smart ways to use keto meal replacements that enhance your life, because at the end of the day its important that you still prioritize real food.
So, what keto meal replacement powder should you be taking?
Meet: TeamKeto Meal Replacement
While working with clients hands-on, we quickly learned that keto-friendly meal unavailability was one of the biggest hampers of success. This led us to create TeamKeto Meal Replacement, learning from former meal replacement supplements, and adding our own team-tuned keto kick.
Keto Meal Replacement keeps your nutrition simple.
Each serving provides:
- 20 grams of fat from a blend of pure C8 MCTs and coconut oil
- 12 grams of protein from grass-fed whey isolate
- Real cocoa, stevia, and natural flavors to make this shake exceptionally delicious.
Made and fine-tuned by our experience and priced less than ‘the other guys’, keto meal replacement is everything that we’ve ever wanted for quick keto-friendly nutrition on the go.
Summary of what we’ve learned:
TeamKeto’s Meal Replacement was designed to provide delicious nutrition and replace meals on your terms, so you neither need to starve or eat non-keto items when life throws you curve balls. We welcome you to add it to your ketogenic diet toolbox.
I got my starter kit and tried my first Team keto shake. Cold water works best if you use water and use a nutribullet and some ice. I just found that out if anyone would like to try that.
Hi M.T.! You can mix it in water, unsweetened almond milk or any other keto-approved liquid you’d like! :)
I’m a long-time TeamKeto fan and have never been able to find what I’m supposed to mix in the meal replacement powder. I’ve mixed it with a cup of iced coffee, but that’s it. Help, please!